Ecstatic Dance Agreements
This is a Freeform Movement Temple
To maintain ultimate freedom we agree to the following:
1. No talking on the Dancefloor (or at the Altar).
- Please whisper off of the dancefloor only
2. No street shoes on the dancefloor.
No showing up drunk or drugged, no pictures, video, or wearing of scent (please be clean).
3. Respect the Space - Others' Space and the Collective Space. When Approaching others:
- Listen for a Yes (get eye contact first)
- Respect any No (like when they are ignoring you)
- Respect the Solo Dancers' Right to their Space
- Hands in prayer at heart means: "I see you, and thank you for the dance (that just ended)."
This is a Transformational Space for Healing, Prayer, and Freeform Movement.
You will be asked to leave if you do not follow these agreements.
What kind of music is played?
We play music that encourages movement. Our sonic journey is a fusion of world music, electronica, dubstep, tribal house, classic remixes and more!
This is a sample of the music we are playing:
What do we do?
In this space, all are welcomed into radical self-expression and acceptance. Do yoga, stretch, dance like no one is watching, or just chill and enjoy the music.
- 7:10 pm - Opening circle & Cacao sharing - it’s a chance for you to get to know who is in the room, share a bit about yourself if you wish and set the intention for the ceremony.
- 7:30 pm – Music starts in a low beat to give you the chance to ground into your body. The rhythm progressively increases once the room starts to move. It may reach a high energy several times during the dance and slow down to conclude with a smooth landing back to stillness at the end.
- 9:15 pm - Music stops and we have a wind down meditative moment. Depending on the event – there will be Singing bowls, Didgeridoo, Flute or other traditional acoustic instruments to help in this process.
- 9:30 pm – Closing circle – we clap together three times and the fourth time back to the earth to close.
- 9:40 pm – Non-verbal time is over - have a chat with the people you shared the space with during the dance.
- Occasionally we have a Kava ceremony or Hot Tea during the cold months and hang out for some time.
Arrive and leave whenever you want but be mindful not to disturb the other participants.
For Cacao Ceremony:
– It is often suggested to not eat for 6 hours before consuming cacao for the ceremony. While this is definitely an invitation into a full experience, please be mindful of what your body needs. Eating “lightly” during this time is just as well, and if you really have to eat, EAT!
– Drink a lot of water during the day prior to the ceremony.
No dance experience required***